Before & After Care
Before & aftercare September 16, 2022
- Open House: The kids did a great job making a welcome sign for our open house on Tuesday night. Look at it when you come into the building!
- SeptemberFest: We made Halloween pictures, hands and feet crafts, yarn spider webs, and spider web paintings to add to the silent auction basket this week. If you plan on attending, bring plenty of cash, come ready to play some games, and eat some chicken and dumplings with us this weekend! It is fun and it benefits the church and our school. We hope to see you there!
- Decorating: The kids really enjoyed stringing beads to decorate the pink room’s ceiling this week. One of my favorite things about working at a Reggio daycare is that we hang curtains and other interesting items from the ceiling for children to look at.
- The Moon: Most of the children were surprised to see the moon during the morning. Some kindergarten girls were especially befuddled by how they could have possibly all seen the moon from their house on the same morning. I remember thinking that the moon followed me home when I was a child, so hearing them have similar thoughts always makes me smile. Now I like to look up to see the planets and the constellations.
- Book Fair: This week was the book fair. We have so many chapter books! You can see the book fair with your family during SeptemberFest this weekend.
- Grandparents Day: Some of the kids want to make items for their grandparents this week. Please help them make sure that these get delivered.
- International Dot Day: This is one of my favorite literacy holidays! We will celebrate it on Thursday by doing chromatography and making dot art. We will also talk about challenging things that we would like to do.
- Family Connection: Some fun holidays to celebrate with your family this week are, National Literacy Month, Line Dancing Week, Kids Take Over the Kitchen Day, National Coloring Day, and Hug Your Hound Day. Video Games Day was on Monday but can always be celebrated late. Enjoy your family bonding!
- Sweaters: It is getting to the point of the year where mornings are cold. Please keep a sweater in your child’s backpack so that they can be comfortable while they are playing outside.