Before & After Care
before & aftercare Miss Jennifer& Mr. Jake A peak at our week! September 27, 2021
- - Super Hero Challenges: The children did a very impressive job with our super hero challenges, they made for some very difficult competitions. Here are the winners:
- Balancing on one foot had a 3-way tie between Olivia, Myles, and Liam.
- Jumping for the longest amount of time: 1st: Olivia, 2nd: Will.
- Hula Freeze Dance: Will, Myles, and Liam.
- - Spirit Week: The kids had so much fun with spirit week. Thank you for helping them participate. I had books or music to go with the spirit days whenever possible. We read books about pajama day and freeze danced to hula music.
- - Graphic Novels: The children absolutely love reading graphic novels. Graphic novels really help reluctant readers want to read because they tell the story of a chapter book, but look like a comic book and have less pages.
Homecoming Parade: Please be aware that the homecoming parade is at 4PM onTuesday, September 28 th . Traffic is usually a little difficult as it gets closer to the parade.
Welcome Fall: Please remember that we take the children outside every morning andafternoon, so please send a sweater with your child and help them to remember to bring it home at the end of the day.
Read a Child a Book You Like Day: I will read Where the Wild Things Are to the kids.It would be great if you found a book that you loved as a child to read to your children.Even the older kids come to the floor when I read our daily picture book.
eLearning: Please send Chromebooks fully charged, and headphones for your childto use if they are using a computer. We will not charge computers here. Please let usknow what times your child’s meetings are. Please make sure that your child knows thatthey are expected to do their work here and that they should aim to finish it here so thatthey can get to more fun activities. It is not guaranteed that your child will finish his orher work here, but we will give them time to work on their eLearning work. eLearningdays cost $30 extra if your child attends.
Mark your calendar
- 9/25/21 Sheldon Allan “Shel” Silverstein Birthday (1930)
- 9/25/21 Nickelodeon's Worldwide Day of Play (Last Saturday in September)
- 9/25/21 National One-Hit Wonder Day
- Last Week of September: Banned Books Week
- 9/27/21 Family Day (Holiday)
- 9/27/21 National Chocolate Milk Day (Annual)
- 9/27/21 World Gorilla Day
- 9/28/21 CHS Homecoming Parade at 4PM *Please plan ahead, this will likely affect
- pickup times.
- 9/28/21 Read a Child a Book You Like Day
- 9/29/21 Feast Day of St. Michael the Archangel- Bilingual Mass at 7PM at St. Michael
- 9/29/21 Broadway Musicals Day
- 9/30/21 National Chewing Gum Day (Annual)
- October is Fire Safety Month
- 10/1/21 GCCS eLearning
- 10/1/21 National Poetry Day
- 10/1/2021 Balloons Around the World Day (Annual)
- 10/2/21 St. Michael Church will go to Cornucopia Farms 9 am-12PM. All families are invited, you will need to provide your own transportation. Meet at St. Francis Xavier in Henryville at 9:00 am.
- 10/3-9/21 Fire Safety Week
- 10/4-15/21 Fall Break: No School: Childcare Open
- 10/4/21 B/A fire truck visit
- 10/4/21 Child Health Day
- 10/4/21 National Taco Day (Annual)
“Messy play crafts and sensory play allow children's to build, imagine, experience, investigate, explore, create, observe, predict and use their senses... The children’s enjoyment and learning is only enhanced when parents and carers become active roles models and join in with the activities.” ~Moo Music